Ten pieces depicting a basket of fresh and varied vegetables, including a downcast cabbage, an elegant French bean out for a Sunday stroll, two chirpy Spanish onions, and an exploding turnip. This rewarding and picturesque collection forms an excellent introduction to the same composer’s Stamp–album GZ 002.
Along with the composer’s Stamp-Album, Vegetable Fiesta was chosen as a set work and performed at the 2012 Contemporary Keyboard Weekend at the Conservatoire Frédéric Chopin, Paris.
- THE MIGHTY CARROT: Stomp dance
- VERY SAD PETITS POIS: Doleful dance
- THE RUNNER BEAN: Early morning jog
- HAPPY SPANISH ONIONS: Holiday fiesta
- THE LONELY CABBAGE: Green lament
- A SWEDE’S NORWEGIAN WEDDING: Fjord dance
- THE FRENCH BEAN: Sunday promenade
- PERKY PARSNIPS: A jaunty jape
- THE EXPLODING TURNIP: A sorry scene
- THAT’S SHALLOT FOLKS: Can–can